PortlandNeighborhood.com

Welcome to YOUR Portland Neighborhood Community

Hi everyone. I am going to be moving to Portland from the Virgin Islands with my darling Biewer Yorkie and husband  ( lol ). i posted a picture of my baby and his yorkie friend at the pet store we've worked at .

I have been working at a beautiful doggie day care / pet botique store with my pup Shiloh and would love to work at one in Portland. I love love love all animals and of course spoiling them rotten. Any suggestions on where I should check to see if they need part time work? Also who is the best vet in Portland? Are there lots of puppy socials there?

Thank you and warmest regards Portland

Views: 27

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

There are alot of doggie daycares and boutiques in Portland, and lots of great vets. Do you know what area of town you will be living in? It's a big area and there are alot of smaller towns right next to Portland it's self.

It might help for you to take a look at my website, www.FidosCityGuide.com, there is a dog friendly event calendar, and the MarketPlace has listings for doggie daycares, boutiques, and vets.

My Yorkie Delilah says hi to Shiloh.
Hi Deliliah :-)

Jackie do you know any places looking for a part time person to sell and also run doggie day care? We might be living in pearl or northwest area. I hope Shiloh is able to meet some new pals there...he is so social.
That is a really nice area and there are alot of doggie daycares very close by.

I have not heard of anyone that is looking for part time help at this time, but I will let you know if I hear of anything.
Jackie
There is a employment section in the classifieds at FidosCityGuide, feel free to post that you are looking for a position with a doggie daycare in there. You might check out Fido's Indoor Dog park, they are in SE Portland and will be having their Grand Opening in August.
Jackie this sounds amazing! Shiloh and I have also been selling a lot of boutique pet store stuff too. I just love working with animals. I hope to meet all you ladies and your pups too:-)
Working with animals is the best job. I sent you the contact information for the Fidos Indoor Dog Park. Good luck in your job search.

I'm sure we will run into you at one of the many dog events that take place in Portland.
You will love the Pearl or NW ... there are plenty of dog mamas in that area that you can meet with and make new friends. Here are Doggie Daycares in NW Portland:

http://www.google.com/maps?near=NW+23rd+Ave,+Portland,+OR+97210&...

Here are doggie daycares in the Pearl:
http://www.google.com/maps?near=404+Northwest+10th+Avenue,+Portland...

Good luck!
Lorri thank you so much for the advice I truly appriciate it. I can't wait to meet the dog mamas:-)
Lori do you suggest any other areas to look in for rentals ( at first) that is in a nice area of Portland with lots of things to do, places to walk the pup, ride a bike, run, etc.. any good websites you know of? Thanks for taking the time to help me.
Hi,
Welcome to Portland! On pdxdog.com there is a business owners group and you might find some leads there. We have a number of dog businesses which have been around quite awhile and several new one's opening up. Membership is free and you can post your request to that group and in general, as you have done here.
That way the word will get around faster that you are looking and have experience.
Andrea Schneider

RSS

Latest Activity

Badge

Loading…

Powell's Books Picks

© 2017   Created by Lorri E..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service