PortlandNeighborhood.com

Welcome to YOUR Portland Neighborhood Community

Information

Green Portland

"Green" Portland, for Portlanders interested in sustainability and who want to keep the world (and Portland) a beautiful healthy place!

Members: 91
Latest Activity: Apr 4, 2016

Green Feeds

Discussion Forum

Portland Green Resources 1 Reply

Started by Lorri E.. Last reply by Alaena James Apr 4, 2016.

Commuting in the Rain 1 Reply

Started by Laura Polich. Last reply by BIKEmpowered Oct 3, 2010.

Getting out of the Car Habit 2 Replies

Started by Laura Polich. Last reply by BIKEmpowered Sep 17, 2010.

City of Portland's Office of Sustainable Development - Events

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Green Portland to add comments!

Comment by Cynthia Ferguson on April 23, 2008 at 11:29am
Thanks for this group. I am a Sustainable Designer, started waaaay back, now prices are lower and products are so much easier to get. I know Ross has information about home buyers incentives for chosing "Green" and Sustainable products. Thanks for all the links. It's funny, my electric bill never exceeds the $10.00 basic...however with all the taxes it's always $35.00. I called them once and asked how I could get it lower, the man said "you cannot go any lower, live a little and turn on an extra light now and again". NO WAY, like the comments below, I use CFL's and am freakish about turning lights off, unplugging, bla, bla, bla.
Comment by Lorri E. on April 19, 2008 at 8:34am
Just found this "calculate your energy usage" calculator, cool:
http://mygreenelectronics.org/EnergyCalculator.aspx
Comment by Angela Higgins on April 18, 2008 at 11:29am
I would like to know how many people routinely turn off the lights in rooms they are not in. I do it all the time-- even to the point that I will do it in public places. I found myself turning off the light in the bathroom at school this week- twice. Once at Marylhurst and once at PCC. Oh! And again at Starbucks by work. Hmmmmm......
Comment by Angela Higgins on April 18, 2008 at 11:10am
I got my bike over at the new/ish place on N Killingsworth (over by the Florida Room). They were so nice and helpful. My bike rocks. I love my bike. Did I mention I really like my new bike?
Comment by Lorri E. on April 18, 2008 at 6:31am
I just bought a new commuter bike and I can't wait to start riding my bike to work again--at least part of the time. Let's face it, in addition to environmental issues--gas prices are horrible, and in Portland with all the bike paths to ride on it is kind of hard to make the excuse to drive a car (at least when the weather is nice). I can recommend "Bike & Hike" is a great place to buy your new set of (cycling) wheels, what is your favorite local Portland bike shop?

Members (91)

Latest Activity

Badge

Loading…

Powell's Books Picks

© 2017   Created by Lorri E..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service