PortlandNeighborhood.com

Welcome to YOUR Portland Neighborhood Community

I finally got my parents to come out and visit us!  But still being new to Portland myself, I am not sure what the absolute must-see's in the city are.  We are definitely going out to the coast and Multnomah Falls.  We are also going to do a boat tour down the Willamette. 

Any suggestions on what parts of Portland I should take them to? 

Thanks much!!

-Andi

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you should try the Japanese garden or Rose Test Gardn.  Multnomah Falls is great, definitely worth the trip. Maybe some hiking at Forest Park? What else are you or your parents interested in?
Tryon Creek State Park

Thank you for the recommendations.  We did make it to Multnomah Falls.  We also drove down the coast and made it into Portland a few times, namely to check out the Farmer's Market and Powells.  Sadly, my parents flew back home yesterday.  :-(    But they will definitely be back!!

I really want to check out the Japanese Garden.  I heard from several people that it is absolutely beautiful.  I have not heard of Forest Park or Tryon Creek State Park but still being new to the area ourselves, my husband and I have a lot to discover yet. 

Thanks again!

-Andi

Glad you were able to make it to Multnomah Falls, its really impressive. Famer's market and Powells are great, did you go to the one at PSU? The other thing i would have recommended is a food truck and Mt. Tabor.

We are new to Portland too and have not convince my parents to come visit me yet, but hopefully soon. Where are you from?

We went to the farmer's market under the bridge at the park on Naito Pkwy.  We wanted the one at PSU but somehow I found the other one when I was trying to get a location.  Oh well, we still had a fun time.

How long have you lived in Portland?  Where did you move from?  My husband and I moved here from Loveland, CO in March. 

We moved at the end of March as well and moved from Chicago. My husband is actually from Ft. Collins, CO.  

How was the farmer's market on Naito Pkwy? We've gone to the PSU and now the Hollywood one.  I'd like to try some other ones but probably next year.

What a small world!  My parents live in Fort Collins too.  They were sad how brown it was after seeing Portland.   

The farmer's market on Naito wasn't so much a farmer's market as a craft fair.  There were no fruit or vegetable stands at all.  But if you are into homemade artsy things, it is a great place.  I think they run every weekend year round, so you could still go to it this year if you were interested.

RSS

Latest Activity

Gerry Villani posted a status
"Now making plans for Chongqin, China. Gonna teach English and do my photography, among other things. It should be fun!"
8 hours ago
Gerry Villani posted photos
8 hours ago
Misty Hamrick posted an event
Thumbnail

Driver Job Fair at Holiday Inn Portland-Airport

September 20, 2014 from 8am to 12pm
DON'T MISS OUR PORTLAND DRIVER JOB FAIR!Saturday, September 20th from 8AM-12PM at the Holiday Inn Portland-Airport *NEW DRIVERS, PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BE DRIVERS, EXPERIENCED DRIVERS, AND OWNER OPERATORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND!*The first 50 drivers will receive a free gift bag!There are a wide variety of carriers with multiple open positions to fill NOW! Get face to face interaction with recruiters!Carriers hiring owner operators & company drivers!EVENTS ARE ALWAYS 100% FREE TO…See More
20 hours ago
Ross and Leah Seligman's discussion was featured

The Best Deals in Portland This Week: August 18th - August 25th

The Best Deals in Portland This Week: August 18th - August 25th1. 2443 NW THURMAN ST Portland, OR 97210-NORTHWEST DISTRICT-$1.1MClick The Image To See The Full Listing2. 1310 NW NAITO PKWY Portland, OR 97209-PEARL DISTRICT-$849,000…See More
21 hours ago
Ross and Leah Seligman posted a discussion

The Best Deals in Portland This Week: August 18th - August 25th

The Best Deals in Portland This Week: August 18th - August 25th1. 2443 NW THURMAN ST Portland, OR 97210-NORTHWEST DISTRICT-$1.1MClick The Image To See The Full Listing2. 1310 NW NAITO PKWY Portland, OR 97209-PEARL DISTRICT-$849,000…See More
yesterday
Oregon Sports Authority posted an event

Portland Marathon Kids' Fun Run & Festival at Lincoln High School Field

October 4, 2014 from 9am to 12pm
The Portland Marathon invites you to join the Portland Marathon Kids' Fun Run & Festival on Saturday, October 4th. The Portland Marathon Kids’ Fun Run & Festival is held on Saturday of Event weekend, and is dedicated to our community of active youth, ages 2-12. The festival will be fun-filled and include the following events:Walk Run Wheel! – The first event will be our “Walk Run Wheel” event, a 1/2 mile distance event for disabled youth.  All ages and abilities are welcome to…See More
yesterday
Earl R. Thomas posted photos
Tuesday
fasai s. posted a photo
Monday

Badge

Loading…

Powell's Books Picks

California

by Edan Lepucki

Sweetness #9

by Stephan Eirik Clark