PortlandNeighborhood.com

Welcome to YOUR Portland Neighborhood Community

Hi everyone. Moving to Portland early August. Any suggestions on finding a place to live? Have been reading about the various neighborhoods and it looks like there is a ton of variety. Any help is appreciated!
Susannah

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Susannah are you interested in findings roomates? I and my wife would be interested in sharing rent costs with the right non smoker. We are looking at the Bridlemile area in SW. We will be arriving in Portland at the same time you will. If you have any interest send me a message.

Will and Les
Think I need my own space. But I found that putting an ad on Craig's List Housing Wanted generated several replies about sharing space or renting rooms.
That's a good idea since our goal is to keep our costs down till we find work.
Hi Susannah,
I just moved to Portland myself from Boulder, CO.

I like it a lot here.

I can only recommend the Hawthorne District since I've only lived here a month but I love it.

What I figured out is that in the Hawthorne area between Division and Belmont and 30th - 42rd st seems to be the sweet spot, being close to everything. Coffee shops, Groceries stores and the Hawthorne downtown hang out.

Also the Hawthorne Youth hostel is awesome and could be a great place to hang till you find the right place.

If your looking to make friends, do something fun when you get here in August.

Check out. http://www.portlandblindcafe.com

It's a dinner in the pitch dark I'm producing where all the waiters are blind.

It's a fund raising event with food, music and education.

As little I know about Portland I would be open to answering any questions you have about moving here. Just give a call.

blessings and good luck.

-Rosh
720 495 7797
Hi Susannah,

Tell me more about you and what you like...if you could choose, what would you would want in your neighborhood? There are SO many options here that its hard to tell you where to start to look until I know more about you and your personality, likes and dislikes.

For instance, I live close to organic groceries, can bike to downtown in 15 minutes, have indie coffee shops close by, etc etc.
I know there are so many choices there it's really confusing. Want a nice safe area close to public transportation. Love the Max. Walking distance to stores, coffee, etc. Trees, nature, nice area to walk. Seems like further away from center of the city is a little cheaper. Would love to have something lined up when I go there early August.
If you don't mind being quite in Portland, say a few feet across the line in Milwaukie, I can recommend Waverley Greens Apartments. My wife and I are soon to move back to the Portland area after a year and a half in Albuquerque, and we hope fervently to move back to Waverley Greens. The staff are great, the apartments are nice and spacious, and the maintenance personnel are courteous and prompt. We hope to have a home there again.

Good luck with your move!
thanks for the info. I am definitely discovering that rents are cheaper a little further away from center of the city.

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconSuchitra Chandran, Tedde McMillen, Irene Walker Gilbert and 2 more joined PortlandNeighborhood.com
5 hours ago
Michael McDonald replied to john doney's discussion The skinny on neighborhood differences?
"Hello John and all, Well you took the words out of our mouths!  We are also likely moving to Portland with the same questions in our minds. Did you find answers?  I don't see any responses here but perhaps you found them elsewhere and…"
yesterday
Ross and Leah Seligman's discussion was featured
yesterday
Ross and Leah Seligman posted a discussion
yesterday
Profile IconLuke Yoshida, Tadesse Eriso, Sheri O'Brien and 31 more joined PortlandNeighborhood.com
yesterday
Brewvana -Portland Brewery Tours posted an event
Thumbnail

Poses to Pints - Yoga & Beer! at Baerlic Brewing

November 9, 2014 from 11am to 4pm
BREWVANA is partnering with yoga practitioner Jill Knouse, Baerlic Brewing, Ex Novo Brewing and Ecliptic Brewing to bring you a holistic beer experience! Indulge yourself in an hour vinyasa class with Jill Knouse to live music by two of the members of Toque Libre among the brewery tanks at Baerlic Brewing. Following yoga, you'll move straight to a light lunch and your first beer tasting at Baerlic. Then hop on the bus and go to two additional tastings at a couple more of Portland's newest…See More
Monday
Naomi Smith posted a blog post

Zombies, Face Paint and Body painting - Halloween- Portland Oregon

It's getting to be that time of year where the streets will soon be filled with Zombies, Monsters, Pirates, Princesses and all kinds of outrageous costumes. Halloween is our favorite time of year at Time Honored Designs! This year is extra special because we will have 2…See More
Saturday
Chris Crabb posted an event
Thumbnail

10th annual da Vinci Arts FAir at da Vinci Arts Middle School

December 6, 2014 at 10am to December 7, 2014 at 4pm
Who says going to school on the weekend isn't fun? On December 6 and 7, da Vinci Arts Middle School will open its doors for the 10th annual da Vinci Arts Fair, featuring boutique arts and crafts by more than 70 juried local artists. Hours are 10 am to 5 pm Saturday and 10 am to 4 pm on Sunday. The event takes place at da Vinci Arts Middle School, 2508 NE Everett St. Admission is free.One of the more popular holiday fairs in Portland, the da Vinci Arts Fair offers the ideal shopping venue for…See More
Friday

Badge

Loading…

Powell's Books Picks

The Bone Clocks Signed Edition

by David Mitchell

Wolf in White Van

by John Darnielle

The Paying Guests

by Sarah Waters

Being Mortal

by Atul Gawande