PortlandNeighborhood.com

Welcome to YOUR Portland Neighborhood Community

Hi everyone. Moving to Portland early August. Any suggestions on finding a place to live? Have been reading about the various neighborhoods and it looks like there is a ton of variety. Any help is appreciated!
Susannah

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Susannah are you interested in findings roomates? I and my wife would be interested in sharing rent costs with the right non smoker. We are looking at the Bridlemile area in SW. We will be arriving in Portland at the same time you will. If you have any interest send me a message.

Will and Les
Think I need my own space. But I found that putting an ad on Craig's List Housing Wanted generated several replies about sharing space or renting rooms.
That's a good idea since our goal is to keep our costs down till we find work.
Hi Susannah,
I just moved to Portland myself from Boulder, CO.

I like it a lot here.

I can only recommend the Hawthorne District since I've only lived here a month but I love it.

What I figured out is that in the Hawthorne area between Division and Belmont and 30th - 42rd st seems to be the sweet spot, being close to everything. Coffee shops, Groceries stores and the Hawthorne downtown hang out.

Also the Hawthorne Youth hostel is awesome and could be a great place to hang till you find the right place.

If your looking to make friends, do something fun when you get here in August.

Check out. http://www.portlandblindcafe.com

It's a dinner in the pitch dark I'm producing where all the waiters are blind.

It's a fund raising event with food, music and education.

As little I know about Portland I would be open to answering any questions you have about moving here. Just give a call.

blessings and good luck.

-Rosh
720 495 7797
Hi Susannah,

Tell me more about you and what you like...if you could choose, what would you would want in your neighborhood? There are SO many options here that its hard to tell you where to start to look until I know more about you and your personality, likes and dislikes.

For instance, I live close to organic groceries, can bike to downtown in 15 minutes, have indie coffee shops close by, etc etc.
I know there are so many choices there it's really confusing. Want a nice safe area close to public transportation. Love the Max. Walking distance to stores, coffee, etc. Trees, nature, nice area to walk. Seems like further away from center of the city is a little cheaper. Would love to have something lined up when I go there early August.
If you don't mind being quite in Portland, say a few feet across the line in Milwaukie, I can recommend Waverley Greens Apartments. My wife and I are soon to move back to the Portland area after a year and a half in Albuquerque, and we hope fervently to move back to Waverley Greens. The staff are great, the apartments are nice and spacious, and the maintenance personnel are courteous and prompt. We hope to have a home there again.

Good luck with your move!
thanks for the info. I am definitely discovering that rents are cheaper a little further away from center of the city.

RSS

Latest Activity

Ross and Leah Seligman's discussion was featured
20 hours ago
Ross and Leah Seligman posted a discussion
20 hours ago
Henry Moreno posted an event
Thumbnail

Friday Nights at the Museum at Portland Art Museum

November 7, 2014 at 5pm to June 26, 2015 at 8pm
$5 after 5pm Friday nights at the MuseumEvery Friday from 5pm – 8pm, we invite you to play with us—to have a different Museum experience—a little bit more relaxed, more interactive, and more social experience. Admission is just $5 after 5pm.Here’s what we have in store.Beer and pizza in the pop-up pub.Unique tours and games—like slow looking and Game of Thrones tours.Twitter and Instagram happenings like photo booths and Twitter takeovers.Art Guides—friendly folks ready to answer questions and…See More
yesterday
Laurie Holycross replied to Rockin' Robyn's Sassy Burger's discussion New pod on Belmont! in the group Food Cart Fans
"I'll have to check it out next time I'm down Belmont and looking for a great place to eat. I love Portland food carts and enjoy trying new ones. Thanks for the heads up!"
Tuesday
Laurie Holycross joined Dana's group
Thumbnail

Food Cart Fans

You know who you are. You're the culinarily curious, the palate adventurer, always on a quest for memorable delights. And Portland food carts are your fast track to taste budvana. If this describes you, jump on and share your tips and tastes.
Tuesday
Laurie Holycross is now a member of PortlandNeighborhood.com
Tuesday
Chelsea posted events
Monday
Brewvana -Portland Brewery Tours posted events
Monday

Badge

Loading…

Powell's Books Picks

This Changes Everything

by Naomi Klein