PortlandNeighborhood.com

Welcome to YOUR Portland Neighborhood Community

General Portland Discussion (371)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Choosing a Neighborhood in Portland

Hi and thanks for reading this, Portlanders!  I live in Cleveland and my sister and I will be moving to Portland--or nearby--this summer.  …

Started by Jill Huettich

4 5 hours ago
Reply by Jill Huettich

Neighborhood near max rail for student

Hello Everyone,  This is my first post on this forum. I just recently got the notification of acceptance into a grad program I was interes…

Started by Mikey Park

1 yesterday
Reply by Rick Hamell

2 min video: Angry Yoga and 2 hours with Thomas Piketty

Angry Yoga https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1445216639&feature=iv&src_vid=K5iSHhpj67Y&v=BH0l4FlZT-A Pike…

Started by Marc Batko

0 Jan 8

The skinny on neighborhood differences?

Hi Future Neighbors! Like many others in this discussion, I too am relocating to Portland in July 2014. I visited Portland in January and…

Started by john doney

2 Nov 7, 2014
Reply by Katie McMahan

Relocating to Portland

Hi:  My husband and I are relocating to Portland in February.  We are looking for a neighborhood near public transportation.  I will be wor…

Started by Maria Wilks

2 Jan 31, 2014
Reply by Maria Wilks

Resources for local help - 8 year old boy with no Christmas presents!

Hi, I just recently had to rent a basement from a friends mom for a temporary solution due to a recent separation. The lady I'm renting fro…

Started by Damon Coker

0 Dec 21, 2013

How to explore PDX in 5 days?

My wife and I are visiting Portland next week for 5 days to get to know the city and hopefully find a rental. Are there any tips or directi…

Started by Michael Griffin

2 Oct 2, 2013
Reply by Rick Hamell

LA (Southbay) to Portland, pros and cons

Hi there, I will like to start a conversation to weight the pros and cons by moving from LA to Portland. I am positive there are similar di…

Started by Sorin Gorgan

7 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Sorin Gorgan

Portland is hipper than Austin. Study proves it once and for all!

http://www.movoto.com/blog/opinions/austin-vs-portland-hipster-showdown/

Started by Nicky Knack

1 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Lorri E.

Considering moving to Portland, need tips!

Hi, so I think I want to move to Portland because, well I need a change in my life and all of theideals i have read about Portland seem lik…

Started by Miles Burr

2 Jun 29, 2013
Reply by Miles Burr

RSS

Latest Activity

Jill Huettich replied to Jill Huettich's discussion Choosing a Neighborhood in Portland
"Hi Rick, original poster here.  Thanks so much for your response.  Actually, my sister just got her dream job and won't be coming with me so I will be looking for a roomie via Craigslist,  and I can be a bit more flexible now.…"
5 hours ago
Rick Hamell replied to Jill Huettich's discussion Choosing a Neighborhood in Portland
"Note for anyone else coming to this discussion. Rental prices in Portland are shooting up quick. $1000 might be able to find a one bedroom/one bath as of now. But they are disappearing quickly and going off the market quickly. If you look in East…"
yesterday
Rick Hamell replied to Mikey Park's discussion Neighborhood near max rail for student
"At your price point you are going to be limited. MAX goes all the way out to Hillsboro though. Your best bet at that price is to find a shared space in Hillsboro and live there. Use the MAX to commute into town on the weekends and at night. I'd…"
yesterday
Ross Seligman's discussion was featured
Wednesday
Ross Seligman posted a discussion
Wednesday
Sean Kilgore posted an event
Thumbnail

http://explorethepearl.com/event/nadeau-portland-first-thursday-browse-with-a-brew-2/ at Pearl District

July 2, 2015 from 4pm to 6pm
Join us this Thursday, July 2nd, for our First Thursday Browse with a Brew! We have hundreds of brightly painted, beautifully stained, and totally unfinished pieces to choose from. Our wide selection is all handcrafted, solid wood, and wholesale. Stop in, grab a beer or a glass of wine, and find inspiration for your summer home update! We will be serving drinks from 4pm 6pm. We hope to see you there!See More
Wednesday
Miracle Theatre posted an event
Thumbnail

Contigo Pan y Cebolla at Milagro Theatre

February 11, 2016 at 7:30pm to March 5, 2016 at 2pm
Presented in Spanish with supertitles in EnglishBy Héctor Quintero | Directed by Yvonne López ArenalThrough thick and thin forever!A tragicomedy set in Havana during the second half of the 1950s, just before the Cuban revolution takes hold. When an optimistic, materialistic matriarch battles to create the appearance of wealth in front of her neighbors, she only succeeds in creating chaos for the whole family and risking what’s most important!See More
Monday
Cindy Williams is now a member of PortlandNeighborhood.com
Monday

Badge

Loading…

Powell's Books Picks

Enchanted Forest

by Johanna Basford

This Is Portland

by Alexander Barrett

Pirate Hunters

by Robert Kurson