PortlandNeighborhood.com

Welcome to YOUR Portland Neighborhood Community

General Portland Discussion (371)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The skinny on neighborhood differences?

Hi Future Neighbors! Like many others in this discussion, I too am relocating to Portland in July 2014. I visited Portland in January and…

Started by john doney

0 May 28

Relocating to Portland

Hi:  My husband and I are relocating to Portland in February.  We are looking for a neighborhood near public transportation.  I will be wor…

Started by Maria Wilks

2 Jan 31
Reply by Maria Wilks

Resources for local help - 8 year old boy with no Christmas presents!

Hi, I just recently had to rent a basement from a friends mom for a temporary solution due to a recent separation. The lady I'm renting fro…

Started by Damon Coker

0 Dec 21, 2013

How to explore PDX in 5 days?

My wife and I are visiting Portland next week for 5 days to get to know the city and hopefully find a rental. Are there any tips or directi…

Started by Michael Griffin

2 Oct 2, 2013
Reply by Rick Hamell

LA (Southbay) to Portland, pros and cons

Hi there, I will like to start a conversation to weight the pros and cons by moving from LA to Portland. I am positive there are similar di…

Started by Sorin Gorgan

7 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Sorin Gorgan

Portland is hipper than Austin. Study proves it once and for all!

http://www.movoto.com/blog/opinions/austin-vs-portland-hipster-showdown/

Started by Nicky Knack

1 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Lorri E.

Considering moving to Portland, need tips!

Hi, so I think I want to move to Portland because, well I need a change in my life and all of theideals i have read about Portland seem lik…

Started by Miles Burr

2 Jun 29, 2013
Reply by Miles Burr

May Portland Photo Contest - Submit your Photos!

(Oops, I totally meant to post this last weekend...but then I went out of town and forgot to post before I left!) Anyway, the May Portland…

Started by Lorri E.

3 May 25, 2013
Reply by Julie Helle

Apartment Hunting

Greetings Portlanders! Like so many in this forum, I will be relocating to Portland soon (from Boston, MA).  My partner will be attending O…

Started by Thom Whittemore

1 May 20, 2013
Reply by Aaron

Job Outlook/Economy in Portland

Hello. My husband and I really want to move to Portland this year. We live in Brooklyn, NY right now and would be looking to move there at…

Started by Jessica A

2 Mar 3, 2013
Reply by Jessica A

RSS

Latest Activity

Portland Revels shared a profile on Facebook
3 hours ago
Portland Revels posted an event

Portland Revels Autumn Equinox Pub Sing at Lucky Labrador Beer Hall

September 21, 2014 from 6pm to 8:30pm
Portland Revels will descend upon the Lucky Lab Brew Pub to celebrate the Autumn Equinox. Grab a pint and sing along to chanties, ditties and ballads lead by Revels regulars. All are welcome to contribute a song, poem or whatever tickles your fancy! For more information: http://portlandrevels.org/calendar/pub-sings/See More
3 hours ago
Evelyn Morabe posted photos
yesterday
Ross and Leah Seligman's discussion was featured

The Best Deals in Portland This Week: August 25th - September 1st

The Best Deals in Portland This Week: August 25th - September 1st1. 3226 SE 36TH AVE Portland, OR 97202-RICHMOND-$729,900Click The Image To See The Full Listing2. 4124 NE MULTNOMAH ST Portland, OR 97232-LAURELHURST-$625,000Click The Image To See The Full Listing3. 3922 SE 66TH AVE Portland, OR 97206-FOSTER/POWELL-$419,00…See More
yesterday
Ross and Leah Seligman posted a discussion

The Best Deals in Portland This Week: August 25th - September 1st

The Best Deals in Portland This Week: August 25th - September 1st1. 3226 SE 36TH AVE Portland, OR 97202-RICHMOND-$729,900Click The Image To See The Full Listing2. 4124 NE MULTNOMAH ST Portland, OR 97232-LAURELHURST-$625,000Click The Image To See The Full Listing3. 3922 SE 66TH AVE Portland, OR 97206-FOSTER/POWELL-$419,00…See More
yesterday
Earl R. Thomas commented on Earl R. Thomas's photo
Thumbnail

Gleneden Beach, OR

"Thank you.  I worked on the photo using LightRoom 5 to get the effect I wanted.  Nowadays photographers have to be computer geeks, you know."
Sunday
fasai s. commented on Earl R. Thomas's photo
Thumbnail

Gleneden Beach, OR

"Now I am jealous. I took the photo of this scene too but yours is far more better."
Saturday
Earl R. Thomas posted a photo
Saturday

Badge

Loading…

Powell's Books Picks

California

by Edan Lepucki

Sweetness #9

by Stephan Eirik Clark

The wind-up Bird Chronicle

by Haruki Murakami