PortlandNeighborhood.com

Welcome to YOUR Portland Neighborhood Community

General Portland Discussion (371)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Choosing a Neighborhood in Portland

Hi and thanks for reading this, Portlanders!  I live in Cleveland and my sister and I will be moving to Portland--or nearby--this summer.  …

Started by Jill Huettich

4 Jul 3
Reply by Jill Huettich

Neighborhood near max rail for student

Hello Everyone,  This is my first post on this forum. I just recently got the notification of acceptance into a grad program I was interes…

Started by Mikey Park

1 Jul 2
Reply by Rick Hamell

2 min video: Angry Yoga and 2 hours with Thomas Piketty

Angry Yoga https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1445216639&feature=iv&src_vid=K5iSHhpj67Y&v=BH0l4FlZT-A Pike…

Started by Marc Batko

0 Jan 8

The skinny on neighborhood differences?

Hi Future Neighbors! Like many others in this discussion, I too am relocating to Portland in July 2014. I visited Portland in January and…

Started by john doney

2 Nov 7, 2014
Reply by Katie McMahan

Relocating to Portland

Hi:  My husband and I are relocating to Portland in February.  We are looking for a neighborhood near public transportation.  I will be wor…

Started by Maria Wilks

2 Jan 31, 2014
Reply by Maria Wilks

Resources for local help - 8 year old boy with no Christmas presents!

Hi, I just recently had to rent a basement from a friends mom for a temporary solution due to a recent separation. The lady I'm renting fro…

Started by Damon Coker

0 Dec 21, 2013

How to explore PDX in 5 days?

My wife and I are visiting Portland next week for 5 days to get to know the city and hopefully find a rental. Are there any tips or directi…

Started by Michael Griffin

2 Oct 2, 2013
Reply by Rick Hamell

LA (Southbay) to Portland, pros and cons

Hi there, I will like to start a conversation to weight the pros and cons by moving from LA to Portland. I am positive there are similar di…

Started by Sorin Gorgan

7 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Sorin Gorgan

Portland is hipper than Austin. Study proves it once and for all!

http://www.movoto.com/blog/opinions/austin-vs-portland-hipster-showdown/

Started by Nicky Knack

1 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Lorri E.

Considering moving to Portland, need tips!

Hi, so I think I want to move to Portland because, well I need a change in my life and all of theideals i have read about Portland seem lik…

Started by Miles Burr

2 Jun 29, 2013
Reply by Miles Burr

RSS

Latest Activity

Portland Center Stage posted events
Friday
Faliscia C. Knuckles commented on Faliscia C. Knuckles's blog post Moving to Portland in 2016
"What if the income us 50,000 yr"
Thursday
Ross & Leah Seligman's 3 discussions were featured
Thursday
Ross & Leah Seligman posted discussions
Thursday
Rick Hamell commented on Faliscia C. Knuckles's blog post Moving to Portland in 2016
"Hello Faliscia, The first question is "what is your budget?" That is going to narrow your choices drastically. Richmond, Boise, Sunnyside, Mt. Tabor are all great areas. But not helpful if you can only afford to live in Centennial. "
Thursday
Profile IconJohn Bumgarner, katy torrey, Andrew Diaz and 2 more joined PortlandNeighborhood.com
Thursday
Rick Hamell posted a blog post

Best Portland Oregon Hotels - or where to stay when you need to lay your head down at night

If you're traveling to Portland Oregon, either to visit or in preparation for moving there, you need to have a place to stay. Many people stay out at the Portland Airport, making a common mistake in thinking that it is "centrally located to everything."No... not even close. It can easily take 45-60 minutes in normal traffic to drive the few miles from the airport to downtown. Longer if it is rush hour. The best bet…See More
Thursday
The Craft Factory posted events
Thursday

Badge

Loading…

Powell's Books Picks

Go Set a Watchman

by Harper Lee

Between the World and Me

by Ta-Nehisi Coates

Armada

by Ernest Cline