Run with the Dogs at Waterfront Park!
Help us turn Waterfront Park into one big block party for pets and people on Saturday, May 10 for the 21st annual Doggie Dash. Sign up to run or walk in this 2-mile fun event and come with or without your dog. After the run/walk, stay around for live music, a pancake breakfast, doggie contests, and more!
Your support helps animals in need.
100% of registration fees and sponsorships go directly to the Oregon Humane Society. Your tax-deductible registration will help us meet our goal of finding homes for 10,000 pets in 2008.
Be a leader of the Dog Pack!
Once you sign-up, you'll get your own personalized Web page! You can start collecting sponsorships online from friends and family, or form a Dog Pack team to run in the Dash and collect funds. Top individual and team fundraisers get special prizes and recognition.
When and Where:
Date: Saturday May 10, 2008
Time: 9:15 am for first runners; 9:30 am for walkers, registration opens at at 7:30
Place: Waterfront Park, Naito Parkway and SW Stark Map of Waterfront Park
Registration: Look for the registration tent near the Battleship Oregon monument by Oak St & Naito Parkway
Smart Park Garages at:
SW 1st & Jeferson
SW 3rd & Alder
SW 4th & Yamhill
NW Naito & Davis
Distance and Course:
A 2-mile fun run/walk that starts on Naito Parkway next to Waterfront Park. The course takes you down Naito Parkway, then crosses over along the sea wall next to the river, then back again to finish on Naito Parkway.
• Live music by Wood Vibrations
• Pancake breakfast for runners/walkers
• Canine Talent Contests (open to all dogs)
• Frisbee Clinic for pets & people
• Vendor Village
• Free Pet Care advice
• Meet OHS Humane Investigators
Doggie Dash Contests
Have fund with your dog and compete for prizes!
• Silly Pet tricks
• Best Dog Kiss
• So Ugly I'm Cute
• Doggie Musical Chairs
• Frisbee Contest
Event Questions? Contact Rebecca Ramach, OHS Special Events Coordinator, (503) 416-7082.
Website Registration Questions? Contact David Lytle, Public Info. Mgr., (503) 416-1985
Volunteer Questions? OHS volunteers with questions about Doggie Dash should contact Kim Hudson, Volunteer Coordinator (503) 416-5028.
Help raise additional money for the animals at the Oregon Humane Society as you walk or run in the Doggie Dash by collecting donations from family and friends!
The money raised will help:
• OHS meet its goal of finding homes for 10,000 animals in 2008.
• Fund OHS animal cruelty officers who investigate over 800 neglect cases yearly.
• Help OHS promote humane education to almost 20,000 students in the Portland area.
How do I collect donations?
There are two ways:
• The best way is to register online for Doggie Dash. You'll get a personalized Web page and you'll be able to send Doggie Dash email to friends and family asking for their support. Your friends can make a donation in your name online!
• You can also download a pledge donation form. Collect donations in the form or cash or checks to the Oregon Humane Society. List all your donations on the form (print out more copies of the form if you need them), and turn in your donations and forms at the OHS registration tent the day of the dash.
See the Fundraising Tips section for ideas on how to collect the most donations.
One great way, for example, is to use the Doggie Dash Website tools to create your personal Web page. Other tools on this Website let you can send messages to friends and families directing them to your Web page, where making a donation is just a click away.
Win awards for most donations collected!